It is possible to prepare for GATE within few months provided you concentrate completely on the preparation.
Important Aspects for Preparation of GATE :
• Candidates need to know the pattern and syllabus of the examination and they should prepare according to it.
• Preparation time for GATE is subjective and depends on many factors such as individual’s aptitude, fundamentals, attitude, concentration level and sincerity towards your goal of cracking GATE.
• Make a list of subjects and prioritize them based on the marks allotted to them. Now, create a timetable with distribution of subjects. Note that, if the distribution is not prepared, then you usually end up learning random topics, which may lead to confusion at the end.
• Start preparing from the initial topics i.e. the basic ones and note down the basic concepts(definitions, unit, dimension, etc) as well as necessary theories, formulae, etc.
• Start reading all the chapters and prepare short notes on all important points. In this way, your revision is also complete. These short notes will also be useful for your last-minute revision.
• Solve and practice numerical questions as much as possible and read as much as possible in your free time for theoretical & conceptual based questions.
• Try to apply your own logic and tricks in solving problems and note it down as it will save your valuable time during examination
• While solving problems, students must have a balance between speed & accuracy.
• It may not be possible to cover the entire syllabus. Whatever topics you decide to study, make sure that you know everything about it.
• Make it a habit of solving at least 1 previous year paper once a week or else you can go through previous year solved questions.
• Keep one month for revisions and clearing leftover doubts. Have a look of questions you solved during preparation for GATE and remember how you solved them.
• Give Mock tests, which will give a sharp edge to your preparation.