GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING
Organizing Institute: Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Admission to Postgraduate Courses (Masters and Doctoral) in the country, with MHRD and other Government Scholarships/ Assistant ships in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science, is open to those who qualify in GATE.
Validity of GATE 2016 score will be for a period of 3 (THREE) YEARS ONLY from the date of announcement of results. For all the papers, GATE 2016 examination will be conducted in only ONLINE mode. For some of the papers the examination will be conducted in multiple sessions. For details, please visit GATE 2016 website.
Important Dates for GATE:
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens: Important Events||Tuesday||1st September 2015(00:00 Hrs)|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website||Thursday||1st October 2015(23:59 Hrs)|
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login||Friday||20th November 2015|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing||Thursday||17th December 2015|
|GATE 2016 Online Examination
Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
|Saturday and Sunday||30th January, 1st, 6th, 7th and 21st February 2016|
|Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website||Saturday||12th March 2016(17:00 Hrs)|
Dates of Examination:
GATE 2016 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on Weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 30th January 2016 and 21st February 2016.
Only the following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE :
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathemat-ics / Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering / Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed sec-tion A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Pattern of GATE
Examinations for all the papers will be conducted as Computer Based Tests only.
|Candidate Category||Mode||Application Fee in Rs.|
|Women candidates||Online Net Banking||750|
|SC/ST/PwD candidates||Online Net Banking||750|
|All other candidates||Online Net Banking||1500|
The application fee has to be paid only online either through e-challan or through net banking.
Application Time Lines
Submission of Application and supporting documents
Starting Date: 1st September 2015 (Tuesday)
Ending Date : 1st October 2015 (Thursday)
How to Apply
All candidates must apply ONLINE. Further details and ONLINE application form can be obtained by accessing any of the GATE/JAM zonal websites (or by scanning the image below using a QR reader facility that is available on many mobile phones).
Get information by accessing any IISc / IIT websites, links as given below.