POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India, one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World and a Maharatna Enterprise of Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, coordination, supervision, and control over complete Inter-State transmission system.
POWERGRID operates around 164,115 circuit km. of transmission lines along with 248 Sub-stations (as of 30.07.2020) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network.
POWERGRID also owns and operates approximately 66,922 km of Telecom Network, with points of presence in approx. 714 locations and intra-city network in 206 cities across India.
POWERGRID, with its strong in-house expertise in various facets of Transmission, Sub-Transmission, Distribution, and Telecom sectors also offers consultancy services at the National and International levels. POWERGRID has been making a profit since inception, having Gross turnover of Rs. 36,186 Crore and Profit After Tax of Rs. 10,811 Crore (FY: 2019 – 20). To take the growth curve to further heights, POWERGRID is looking for Bright, Committed and Energetic engineers to join its fold as EXECUTIVE TRAINEEs in the disciplines of Electrical / Electronics/ Civil through GATE 2021.
Details of the number of vacancies and reservations shall be indicated in the notification to be published on our website before the commencement of Online Registration. However, the reservation shall be provided to OBC(NCL)/ EWS/SC/ST/PwD candidates depending on the number of vacancies and as per the Govt. of India Directives.
The candidate should have appeared in the corresponding paper of GATE 2021 as shown in the following table and Qualified in the same. The qualifying marks shall be as declared by GATE 2021 Organizing Body.
|Post||Corresponding GATE 2021 Paper|
POWERGRID may also use the GATE 2021 scores for recruitment for other positions depending on requirements.
b. Upper Age Limit
28 years as on 31.12.2020
c. Essential Qualification
Final Year / Semester students who expect their final results by 14.08.2021 are also eligible to apply, provided they have obtained 70% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination. In the case of selection, their candidature shall be subject to their securing a minimum of 70% marks in essential qualification.
Such candidates need to mention their marks up to the pre-final examination while filling up the online application form for POWERGRID.
* For instruction on the conversion of CGPA into a percentage, refer to points 7 and 8 of “GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS”.
Qualifying Marks in essential qualification is relaxed to pass marks for posts reserved for the respective category/PwD Subcategory as per the final detailed advertisement to be issued before the commencement of online registration.
5. Relaxation in Upper Age Limit:
|a) For OBC(NCL) candidates||: 3 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)|
|b) For SC/ST candidates||: 5 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)|
|c) For PwD candidates||: 10 years over and above category relaxation|
|d) J&K Domicile / Ex-Servicemen/ Victims of riots||: As per Govt. of India directives|
6. Reservation/ Relaxation / Concession for SC / ST will be subject to the submission of relevant Caste Certificate in the prescribed format issued by a competent authority at the time of application and interview if called for.
7. Relaxation / Concession for J&K Domicile / Ex-Servicemen/ Victims of riots will be subject to the submission of relevant Age relaxation cum Domicile certificate /Discharge certificate etc. in the prescribed format issued by a competent authority at the time of application and interview if called for.
8. Reservation and Relaxation for OBC (NCL) will be subject to submission of a copy of the latest OBC (NCL) certificate in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India for “Appointment to posts under Govt. of India” from a competent authority at the time of application and interview if called for.
9. Reservation for EWS will be subject to the submission of a copy of the latest Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority at the time of application and interview if called for.
10. Reservation / Relaxation / Concession for Persons with Disability is subject to the submission of a medical certificate in the prescribed format in support of disability issued by the Government Medical Board at the time of application and interview if called for.
11. Candidates working in POWERGRID are advised to refer to the internal circular before filling up the application.
12. Relaxation/ Concession for POWERGRID Departmental Candidates
Trainees working in POWERGRID shall not be considered as Departmental Candidate. Please refer to Internal Circular before filling up the application for further details.
The Selection Process consists of marks obtained (out of 100) in the corresponding paper of GATE 2021, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
Eligible candidates will have to appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2021, i.e. Electrical Engineering (EE) / Electronics and Communication (EC) / Civil Engineering (CE).
Candidates qualified in the corresponding paper of GATE 2021 shall only be eligible to be considered for the next stage of selection. Qualifying marks in GATE 2021 shall be as decided by GATE 2021 conducting authority.
Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their normalized marks out of 100 in GATE 2021, in the corresponding paper. Candidates shall obtain information about their status through their login at the POWERGRID Online Application System. Shortlisted candidates shall be able to download their interview call letter and other relevant documents through the candidate login.
Candidates shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to bring the documents as mentioned in their interview call letter.
Candidates must qualify in the Personal Interview in order to be considered for empanelment. The qualifying
% in an interview for different categories are as mentioned below:
|Category||Qualifying % in Interview|
|Unreserved / EWS||40%|
|OBC (NCL) / SC/ ST/ PwD||30% (for posts reserved for the corresponding category as per notification to be issued before online submission of an application to POWERGRID.)|
Group discussion will not have any Qualifying Marks.
For calculation of the final score of a candidate for empanelment, the weightage of marks obtained in GATE, Group Discussion, and Interview shall be as indicated below:
|GATE 2021 Marks (out of 100) in EE Paper||85%|
Candidates shortlisted for GD and interview may have to undergo psychometric assessment results of which shall be used as an input during the interview. Candidates who qualify in the Personal Interview will only be adjudged suitable for empanelment. Therefore it is again reiterated that candidates will have to qualify in GATE 2021 and in Personal Interview separately in order to be considered eligible for empanelment.